NQTs at Caedmon
Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are the future of the teaching profession. It is essential that we ensure that they are given the support and challenge they require to become the best teacher that they can be.
NQTs at Caedmon Primary School will get:
- Experience in school during the Summer term (where possible).
- Intensive coaching from subject leaders during the first four to five weeks in school, with time given to embed practice during the first half-term.
- Coaching from subject leaders for the rest of the academic year.
- Dedicated NQT time to observe best practice across school.
- A weekly meeting with their NQT mentor (Kelly Wilson).
- The opportunity to make mistakes and learn from them.
Redcar and Cleveland Local Authority is the Appropriate Body that we registered our NQTs with.