We are extremely proud of our school and we request that all children wear full school uniform.
- Purple cardigan or jumper (available to buy or to order from the school office with the Caedmon Primary School logo).
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt (available to buy from local stores (e.g. Tesco) or to order from the school office).
- Black or grey trousers/skirt/pinafore (no jogging bottoms, leggings or jeans).
- Plain ankle or knee-high socks or plain tights (please avoid bright colours).
- Purple and white striped or checked summer dresses may be worn in the summer (following the February half-term until the return in October half-term).
- Black or grey shorts in summer for boys and girls. No cycling shorts, cut-offs, leggings or long, baggy Bermuda style shorts please.
- Flat, plain, black school shoes (no trainers).
- Close fitting black ankle boots (no fashion boots).
- If children wish to play football on the field at breaktime/lunchtime they must bring a change of footwear. (Plimsolls are not suitable for playtime on health and safety grounds).
- In the summer, children may wear flat supportive sandals with plain coloured socks. Please ensure that they are suitable for the school. If you are unsure please contact the school before making a purchase; we are more than happy to help.
- All children will be provided with a P.E. kit (shorts and t-shirt)
- Please ensure your child has plimsolls/trainers.
- If your child is taking part in an outdoor activity e.g. Zenith Leisure, please ensure you child has a tracksuit or a warm sweatshirt.
Jewellery, Hair Styles and Make-up
For safety and security reasons jewellery, other than a wristwatch, should not be worn in the school. If children have pierced ears, only small studs should be worn. For health and safety reasons all watches and ear studs must be removed for P.E. and swimming. Your child is responsible for removing and storing these items of jewellery during P.E. lessons
Hair should be appropriately styled for the school, no mohicans, shaved heads/patterns, bright colours or extreme hairstyles. Long hair should preferably be tied back. For safety reasons make-up and coloured nail varnish should not be worn in the school.
The Role of Parents
We ask all parents who send their children to our school to support the school uniform policy. We believe that parents have a duty to send their children to the school correctly dressed and ready for their daily school work. One of the responsibilities of parents is to ensure that their child has the correct uniform, and that it is clean and in good repair.
If children arrive at the school not wearing uniform then the following procedure will apply:
- Day 1 – Letter sent home to parents giving them 1 full day to acquire the correct uniform.
- Day 2– The child will work in isolation and will not be allowed outside at playtime/lunchtime.
If children arrive at school with an inappropriate hairstyle then the following procedure will apply:
- The child will work in isolation until the situation is resolved and the child will not be allowed outside at playtime/lunchtime. Parents will be contacted immediately by telephone.
If any parent would like the school to modify the uniform policy they should make representation in the first instance to the Headteacher. The school welcomes children from all backgrounds and faith communities. If there are serious reasons, e.g. on religious grounds, why parents want their child to wear clothes that differ from the school uniform, the school will look sympathetically upon such requests.
For further information please click on the link below.
Caedmon Primary School UNIFORM POLICY